Monday, October 19, 2009

Stroke 'n 8

Nothing like a crisp Autumn day , out an about on the Yard. Down to the river to watch the crews , it really don't look all that hard.




With a bread bowl of chowda and a cup of DD's, I made my way to the bridge for a good place to see.



Down the river 1 by 1, 2 by 2 they came and slid by, but I was paying more attention to a cute blond who caught my eye.


Here comes the gals from MIT , i heard someone say." you guys on that raft better get out of the way".




From high schools ,colleges and Olympians they were all here to compete, stroke stroke the coxswain yelled in a very timely beat.


I don't really care who lost or who won, I was there like most , to just have a little fun.




So hurray for the Crimson, arn't they the host team? they had the most fans, or so it would seem.




The spectators were abuzz, and from every corner of the earth, cheering for their heros, even a small crowd from Perth.


So while the race was coming to a close and some yelling "wait till next year year, I made a dash for my car, for the ensuing traffic I would fear.


Latter , I thought of the crews and their good fight, but now I'm very tired, so to all a good nite.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Richard. It made me, the Brazilians would say "sal-dodgey doe Boston." I guess we would say it made me "yearn" to be back. Your descriptions and pictures painted the perfect story in my mind. I've been busy now on Facebook and still with the blog. Hope you and yours are well.

    ReplyDelete